Light Cloud Trading Solutions for WESM Participants

QR AI & Trading Optimization Service delivers cost-effective, ready-for-use cloud solutions for smaller-size WESM participants. No hardware or software installation required. Data management. AI forecasting for load, WESM (Luzon, Visayas & Mindanao) LMP prices, solar & wind generation. Trading optimization & scheduling.

Light Cloud Trading Solutions for WESM 

Co-ops, DUs & RES Providers

Co-ops, DUs & RES Providers

AI load & WESM (Luzon, Visayas & Mindanao) LMP price forecasts. BCQ nomination optimization

Generators

Generators

AI WESM (Luzon, Visayas & Mindanao) LMP price forecasts. Bidding optimization. Ancillary nomination optimization

Benefits & Costs

QR AI & BCQ Trading Optimization for Electric Co-ops, DUs & RES

This solution produces BCQ nomination strategies that can easily lower your energy sourcing cost by 350 PhP/MWh compared to manual human trading. This means, for every 100 MWh BCQ portfolio whose nomination we optimize, the expected additional energy sourcing cost savings amounts to a staggering PhP 100 M per year

350 (PHP/MWh) x 100 MWh x 12 (hrs./ day) x 260 days = PhP 100 M
Cost of License

This solution does not cost anything and actually generates substantial energy cost savings. This is a yearly subscription whose fee is less than 10% of the energy cost savings it generates, and the remaining 90% adds to your trading profit. 

Download Brochures

QR AI & Bidding Trading Optimization for Small Generators

This solution suggests bidding strategies in WESM that can easily produce an additional 350 PhP/MWh profit compared to manual human trading. This means, for every 100 MWh generation whose bidding we optimize, the expected additional profits amount to a staggering PhP 100 M per year

350 (PHP/MWh) x 100 MWh x 12 (hrs./ day) x 260 days = PhP 100 M

Cost of License
This solution does not cost anything and actually generates substantial profits for you. This is a yearly subscription whose fee is less than 10% of the extra profit it can generate, and the remaining 90% adds to your trading profit.
Download Brochures

Comprehensive Cloud Solutions

  • Our trading optimization solutions are delivered from our cloud servers. In addition to software, maintenance and support, the license fee also includes the cloud server infrastructure, networking, IT and system engineering. We manage everything. All you need is a browser to access the cloud service.
  • Our automated cloud service is monitored and managed 24/7 by our 40+ Filipino and international expat (PhD & MSc) experts, with excellent knowledge and expertise in trading in WESM.

The Solution

QR Data Hub
This robust high-performance cloud data hub is optimized and fully compatibility with WESM IEMOP 5-min market.
  • This cloud-based central data platform manages all trading data from 5-60 minutes resolution: WESM market data, SCADA, consumer CRSS meter, BCQ, nomination, generation, bidding, ancillaries reporting, settlement and billing. No more Excel files.
  • It performs data fetching, insertion and management, including data analytics such as processing, cleansing, validation.
  • A flexible API service moves data across various modules.
  • Your firm gets its own slice of data layer in the data hub to insure privacy and security.
  • We provide database management and back-ups.
QR AI Forecaster
This AI platform offers a range of preconfigured automated advanced intraday and DA AI forecast models for WESM IEMOP 5-min market:
  • Forecasts are at 5-min resolution. Intraday forecasts are repeated every hour 24/7, DA forecasts are published at 10:00 and 15:00.
  • Load forecasts for utility, Co-ops, DUs & RES providers. These use WESM provisional meter data, SCACA if available & weather data.
  • Consumer load forecasts for RES provider per category, region etc.
  • WESM LMP price forecasts for Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao, including a price cap estimator. We provide all required data.
  • Solar & wind generation forecasts at 5 to 60 min resolution. These use your plant’s generation MQ, and radiance, weather and wind data which we license for you.
QR Trading Optimization for electric Co-ops, DUs & RES providers
  • Optimization of the 5-min BCQ nomination across your sourcing portfolio versus buy-sell in WESM (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao) 5-min market to minimize energy sourcing cost.
  • In short, the optimization engine reshuffles the nomination of all your bilateral BCQ contracts to suppliers, versus buy-sell in WESM spot market, subject to all constraints, e.g., hourly, daily, monthly capacity, max, min targets, etc, to determine the daily nomination strategy yielding the lowest overall energy cost. This constant reshuffling is performed every 30 minutes, 24/7 to deliver updated nominations that match WESM price changes:
    • For periods when our AI WESM (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao) LPM price forecasts are lower than some BCQ cost, the optimizer widens the imbalance and buys less from the BCQ and more from WESM 5-min spot market to fulfill the demand load.
    • For periods when our AI WESM (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao) LPM price forecasts are higher than some BCQ cost, the optimizer tightens the imbalance and buys from the BCQ to the maximum allowed, to fulfil the demand load, and sells any excess energy to WESM 5-min spot market for profit.
  • In DA BCQ nomination trading the solution is executed around 10:00 am, to produce optimal 5-min nomination for each BCQ for tomorrow.
  • Nomination dashboard allows end-to-end management of the 5-min nominations and electronic submission of your BCQ contracts to each supplier, both for intraday and DA trading.
QR Trading Optimization for thermal power plants bidding in WESM
  • Optimization of bidding strategies for your plants in WESM (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao) to maximize their net generation profit, while fulfilling BCQ and ancillary obligations, under ramp and various operational constraints. We have different asset and bidding optimization models and algorithms for
    • Thermal assets: diesel, coal and natural gas plants.
    • Hydro and battery storage (BESS) assets.
    • Non-firm ancillary nomination versus direct selling in WESM 5-min spot market.
  • The outputs of the optimizer are 60-min bidding strategies whose resulting 5-min MQ and WESM spot market prices maximize each plant’s net profit.
  • The bidding optimization in WESM is executed automatically every 30 min, 24/7, to produce optimal 60-min bids for each plant until the end of the day. And the cycle repeats itself every 30 minutes to produce revised bids, as new WESM LPM price forecasts are produced.
  • Trading & Bidding Dashboard allows traders to view, edit and manage their 60-min bids live, along with their automatic electronic submission WESM.
View Video Demo
Diagram QR Forecast Overview

AI Price Forecasting Advanced Ecosystem

  • Microservice architecture enables accelerated custom configuration of AI price forecast solutions for world electricity markets.
  • API-friendly ecosystem provides the data fetchers, APIs and databases to fetch and manage the data of any power market.

How to Proceed

Whether you are interested in our trading optimization solution as electric Co-ops, DUs & RES provider or generator, the road map to follow is the same. Our team is here to assist and work with you every step of the way.
How to Proceed-wesm-trading-solutions
How to Proceed-wesm trading solutions-Mobile

Contact us today to start your Trading Optimization & AI Forecast Project

Our team stands ready to work with you.
General Questions