QR AI Solar & Wind Generation Forecaster offers robust advanced AI forecasting solutions for intraday, and up to 7 days ahead, leveraging all weather, wind and radiance data indicators
Clients’ profile. Generators, utilities, retail marketers, power traders, grid operators and investment firms operating in real-time intraday and day-ahead (5-60 mins resolution) energy and reserve markets.
Target. Target. Solar and wind generation are becoming increasing components of supply and generation portfolios. Their intermittent and stochastic nature is forcing all stakeholders to seek accurate and robust generation forecasts.
- Utilities and electric co-ops need to plan and hedge their sourcing portfolio in-light of behind-meter solar generation.
- Green energy providers and marketers need to optimally plan and hedge their sourcing portfolio.
- Renewable generators need to decide their bidding strategies in DA and intraday markets.
- System and transmission operators need to maintain grid stability in terms of voltage, frequency, and plan for reserves.
Implement real-time 24/7 automated, stand-alone and accurate solar and wind generation forecast solutions, as a web cloud solution that can be easily integrated with in-house planning and trading systems, ISO, grid, weather data services, and internal data sources.
QR Renewable Generation Forecasting Solutions
QR AI Solar & Wind Generation Forecaster General Features
- QR AI Solar & Wind Generation Forecaster is fully automated and fetches your renewable generation, weather, wind, and solar radiance data. Forecast results are published via API or in web dashboards with data visualization and manual download options.
- You can always start with a POC Trial.
- We offer a range of intraday and 10 days-ahead renewable generation forecasts using especially configured Deep Learning and Machine Learning AI models.
- Forecast temporal resolution is 5-60 minutes, depending on your data and requirements. QR AI Solar & Wind Generation Forecaster can scale data while forecasting from lower to higher resolution, e.g., from actual 5-min generation data, it can forecast at 5, 15, 30 or 60 minutes resolution.
- The frequency of forecast computation can be configured from 5 to 30 minutes, 24/7, for real-time intraday forecasts, and several times a day for day-ahead forecasts.
- QR AI Solar & Wind Generation Forecaster can be licensed as a cloud service, where no hardware or software installations are needed, and you just need a browser. They can also be implemented on your private cloud or on-site, where you can control the data and the AI models.
- Due to the uncertainty of weather, wind and radiance data QR AI Solar & Wind Generation Forecaster produce probabilistic renewable generation forecasts with average, high and low forecasts at any desired percentile, e.g., 5 and 95, 10 and 90, 15 and 85, etc.
Solar Generation Forecasting
- QR AI Solar Generation Forecaster is a purely data driven AI solution which uses granular solar generation data as the forecast target, and weather and radiance data as predictors.
- The data analytics and feature extraction module builds and extracts deep features for AI modeling from optimal combinations of various weather and radiance indicators, DNI (Diffused Normal Irradiance), DHI (Diffused Horizontal Irradiance) and GHI (Global Horizontal Irradiance).
- We can license weather and radiance data from a range of vendors, and/or your can provide your own.
- To achieve greater accuracy, we forecast solar generation per single farm with pinpoint precision radiance data. We can then aggregate these forecasts across larger portfolios of solar assets.
- Due to the uncertainty of weather and radiance data QR AI Solar Generation Forecaster can also produce probabilistic solar generation forecasts with average, high and low forecasts at any desired percentile, e.g., 5 and 95, 10 and 90, 15 and 85, etc. For example, the 5 or 95 percentiles can be used to estimate lower generation scenarios for risk management in planning and hedging.
- Our data science team will closely work with you to configure the optimal AI model for your solar assets.
Wind Generation Forecasting
- QR AI Wind Generation Forecaster is a purely data driven AI solution which uses granular and aggregate wind power generation data as the forecast target, and weather and wind components as predictors.
- The data analytics and feature extraction module builds and extracts deep features for AI modeling from optimal combinations of various weather and wind indicators such as air pressure, speed, gust and direction.
- We can license weather and wind data from a range of vendors, and/or your can provide your own.
- By nature, wind power generation is intermittent, stochastic and varies constantly. QR AI Wind Generation Forecaster produces probabilistic wind generation forecasts with average, high and low forecasts at any desired percentile, e.g., 5 and 95, 10 and 90, 15 and 85, etc. The 5 or 95 percentiles can be used to estimate worst case scenarios for planning and hedging.
- Wind farms stretch over extended areas with varying geospatial wind data on one hand, and turbine generation rates on the other hand. To handle these geospatial and temporal data disparities the data processing and feature extraction module provides functionalities to average, scale and further aggregate and modify wind and generation data across extended areas, as well as segmenting the wind farms into groupings that are more amenable to generation modeling.
- Our data science team will closely work with you to configure the optimal AI model for your wind assets.
Contact us today to start your Solar & Wind Generation Forecast project
Our data science team stands ready to work with you.
How to Proceed
- Demos and Q&A.
- SOW: Identification of 1 solar or wind, and type of forecasts of interests for the POC Trial, and later for full service.
- Execution of POC Trial Agreement.
- Account set-up, access control management.
- Connectivity to client’s renewable generation data and data fetching for POC.
- Generation forecast model set-up and testing.
- Walkthrough and demo for client’s users to use the forecast web-portal for POC Trial.
- Client can access the demo portal 24/7 to see and download the selected renewable generation forecasts.
- Support and ongoing Q&A during Trial.
- Client has the option to execute the Subscription Agreement and start using the solution commercially.
- Mapping out the full rollout plan for client’s renewable generation forecast project.
QR Solar and Wind Forecaster Benefits & Features
We offer flexible delivery options:
a) Data Service where our expert team and platform do everything and you receive, via API and electronic means, intraday and DA solar generation forecasts every 5 minutes, 24/7.
b) Software as a Service (SaaS) where we implement QR AI platform on a private cloud of your choosing, or on-site, and you control the data and the AI models.
You pay one single annual subscription fee comprising license, maintenance and upgrade releases.
Our expert (MSc and PhD) AI and data science teams, configure, fine-tune and deploy your solar generation forecast models in record time and help you maintain and calibrate them as data behavior changes.
QR AI Solar & Wind Generation Forecaster is a no-coding AI platform that allows users to drag, drop and combine various AI and Machine Learning methods in a user-friendly dashboard to create their own custom forecast models. The AI platform offers a range of Deep Learning and Machine Learning models especially designed for load forecasting.
To ensure the highest degree of accuracy and stability, AI model optimization is automated with specialized built-in tool-boxes that considerably lessen the need and workload of data scientists and analysts.
QR AI Solar & Wind Generation Forecaster is purely an AI machine. For modeling, it uses the historic production and availability data of the asset, together with exogenous indicators such as weather, solar or wind data. The complex relationship of all physical characteristics of the assets, e.g., rotations, design, location, installation features, the gradual structural changes in time, etc, are uncovered by the Machine Learning model.
QR Data Hub is seamlessly integrated to provide end-to-end data management (fetching, validation, insertion) for your renewable asset generation and operational data as well as multiple weather data services. The methods supported are web-scraping, web services, API, FTP, or manual upload for csv, Excel, XML, Json file formats.
Each forecast can have upper and lower uncertainty bands computed via quantiles or standard deviation.
QR AI Trading Optimization is seamlessly integrated to use the generation forecasts as inputs of various trading optimization models suitable for your operations. Alternatively, the solar generation forecasts can be exported via API, in any desired format, to any in-house system.
To reduce project risk you can start with a Proof of Concept (POC) or trial period. The fee is scaled to the implementation efforts needed by the POC. Contact us for more details.