Enhance business productivity by streamlining and automating key functionality such as data management, asset management, bidding & scheduling interfaces, business intelligence & trading performance measurements.
Asset, Data & Trading Management Advanced Ecosystem
- Microservice architecture enables accelerated custom configuration of trading optimization solutions for any asset.
- API-friendly ecosystem allows flexible integration and data exchange with third party & in-house systems. Functionalities are constantly enhanced and extended to meet clients requirements.
QR Asset, Data & Trading Management Solutions
- This module comprises optimized databases, data fetcher and inserter tools, and an API machine to move data around.
- Seamless integration to provide end-to-end data management (fetching, validation, insertion) for world ISOs & RTOs, multiple weather data services, meter and SCADA data.
- The methods supported are web-scraping, web services, API, FTP, or manual upload for csv, Excel, XML and JSON file formats.
- No need for SQL or coding, all instructions and mappings are configured on the screen in web dialogs.
- This module allows the modeling of different types of asset (power plants or callable bilateral contracts), data (capacity, RTD, meter, contracted capacity), physical characteristics and operational constraints, ramp, outages, heat-rate, and power conversion.
- Detailed cash flow modeling capability for the cost, revenue, and gross margin of each asset, which is the optimization objective function. These also include multiple currencies, miscellaneous charges, and the plant’s commitments in terms of bilateral contracted capacity, reserves, and joint bidding provisions with a partner owner. The cash flow modeling is configurable to handle thermal, renewable, storage and hydropower plants.
- This dashboard is seamlessly integrated to allow the editing, management, validation, and submissions of optimal energy and reserve bids to IOSs, RTOs and exchanges, within the same dashboard.
- Configurable formatting of bids – csv, xml, JASON.
- Mixed bid types can be managed, e.g., standing offers for week-ahead, and optimal bids for the next few periods intraday. Bids can be copied and pasted across multiple periods.
- Management of simultaneous bidding of multiple owner of a single plant.
- Bids are validated in real-time, invalid bids are locked and highlighted in red, and submission is blocked until the bid is properly edited.
- QR Trading Optimization is seamlessly integrated with QR Bidding & Scheduler to automatically populate it with optimal bids and generation schedules, along with their expected P&L, for each plant and each forward (sub)-hourly period. The dashboard integrates and displays all relevant data for quick decision-making: the plant’s available capacity, actual and forecasted nodal load and price, actual and optimal bids and their corresponding detailed nodal P&L. Traders can edit these bids and submit them to the ISO, with a click of the mouse.
- Performance analysis is measured in two perspectives, real-time, intraday as trading occurs, and post-trading using actual data.
- At each trading period, full financial details are automatically computed for each asset and each (5, 15, 30 60) minutes trading period of the day: expected clearing dispatch, meter quantity, nodal spot price, generation cost, revenue and gross margin or P&L, for both actual and optimal scenarios.
- Computations are revised in real-time to reflect the latest data. For the previous periods the financials are computed using actual data, and for forwarding periods until the end of the day they are computed using optimal projections and forecast data. Trading performance is measured by the delta between the actual and optimal gross margin. The above data are gathered in live Trading Dashboards, displayed in browsers and monitors in the trading room, accessible by all stakeholders.
- Trading performance targets can be established for the trading team. E.g. The trading strategy must not deviate more than 5% from the absolute best optimal. When this threshold is reached a warning is sent out. Traders can then fine-tune actual (real-time and day-ahead) trading strategies to narrow the delta and meet the target.
Let's talk about your needs
We look forward to exploring the range of options for your projects. Please write to us and one of our project managers will get back to you at once.